MarketWatch.com seeks an investing columnist
MarketWatch.com seeks a writer with a penchant for sifting through a firehose of data and information to help our audience think through investing strategies and tactics. This writer has an analytic mind, and is at ease, for example, using Excel spreadsheets to isolate companies that might possess the qualities to withstand a surge in inflation (or those companies that could give investors pause).
With volatility on the rise in the face of rising rates and global tensions, trusted guidance and insights are needed more than ever if investors are to successfully negotiate uncertain times. Your analysis and stock-screening capabilities will allow investors to find opportunities, while offering thoughts that could serve as guiding investing principles.
You will be an experienced journalist or financial analyst, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, real-time news environment, delivering deep dives and investigations into companies, industries and themes.
The candidate will be required to write daily columns and has the ability to explain complex topics in a lively conversational manner that engages readers on our site and across other platforms.
Essential job functions:
- Write clearly and thoughtfully
- Possess the ability to jump on news, spot story angles and trends that keep us ahead of rivals
- Work effectively alongside teams from across the newsroom
- Boast a track record of producing rigorous, readable prose
- Have meticulous fact-checking skills and the highest ethical standards
To apply, go here.