MarketWatch.com seeks a high-metabolism markets editor and writer who can distill moves in the yield curve to our audience as easily as breaking down the vagaries of the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average, with smart, punchy prose and sharp,clear-headed analysis. Speed is important here, but we’re most interested in candidates who can connect the dots for our readers and identify correlations or tease out insights that others miss.
This candidate spots trends easily, and also has a knack for sorting out the implications of market gyrations that will give our audience of investors and advisers the information they need to make both sense of the news and smart decisions.
This editor will be tasked with helping ensure that the site has the most important stories likely to have the biggest impact and also get MarketWatch counted on the latest trends in financial markets during the U.S. trading day.
You are a player coach who will be required to edit and write daily columns, cover spot news, bang out short pulses, pen deeper dives, as well as commissioning, editing, publishing and shepherding this coverage to completion. That’s all while operating gracefully under pressure.
This editor/reporter possesses the ability to explain complex market analysis in a way that engages readers on our site and across other platforms and is clear enough to captivate sophisticated market junkies and newbies equally.
Work in a collegial and collaborative environment knowing that the backdrop of hot inflation, rising interest rates and belligerence brewing in Eastern Europe makes our work more vital than ever.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor all major financial markets, spotting trends and integrating into sharp, readable copy
- Write headlines and news “pulses” under real-time deadlines
- Edit and publishing key market columns and wire copy
- Be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- Write markets enterprise stories and features
- Break out short news items into full stories
- Illustrate moves in markets with easy to read charts and graphs
To apply, go here.