MarketWatch.com is looking for an editor to join our team as we expand and innovate how we tell stories online.
The ideal candidate understands the latest ways readers are consuming news, as well as the journalistic and technological reasons stories thrive on various platforms. This editor will create engaging and visually rich journalism for distribution channels such as Google Web Stories, Snap and Instagram. Working closely with editorial, design, video, product and audience teams, this editor will produce smart, visually driven content with a goal of growing our readership and influence. The job requires excellent news judgment, as well as experience with images, video and visual storytelling. We’re looking for people with a collaborative and innovative mindset who can thrive in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Work on a small team, producing and building visual assets that help showcase our journalism for the millions of people who come to us from social channels, with a focus on visual-first platforms like Google Web Stories, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Show sound editorial judgment and a clear understanding of MarketWatch’s publishing standards.
- Attend coverage planning meetings to identify and work with editors and reporters to shape stories with the highest potential to engage audiences on visual-first social platforms. Pitch and develop visual stories.
- Be data-informed in your decision-making to grow our reach on these channels. Work with the audience and platform teams on social strategy and distribution of WSJ content.
- Sound news, storytelling and design judgment and a clear understanding of MarketWatch’s publishing standards.
- Prior experience working at the intersection of social media and journalism.
- Familiarity with social-media publishing and analytics tools, including SocialFlow, Adobe Analytics, CrowdTangle and other relevant software or platforms.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership and collaborative abilities.
To apply, go here.